If you’re experiencing digestive issues, body aches, and fatigue, you might have adrenal fatigue. This is a condition where there’s an imbalance in your endocrine system. Conventional medicine only identifies the endocrine system as either normal or failing, but Frankl Clinic observes and treats the gray areas to help you manage your symptoms with personalized hormone replacement therapy.
Adrenal Disorders: Cushing’s Syndrome & Addison’s Disease
Cushing’s syndrome and Addison’s disease are two adrenal disorders that result from issues with the endocrine system. Cushing’s syndrome occurs when there is excessive production of cortisol. Its symptoms include weight gain, high blood pressure, and acne. In contrast, Addison’s disease occurs when there is a deficiency in cortisol production. Its symptoms include fatigue, weight loss, and low blood pressure. Both diseases are diagnosed through blood tests and treated with hormone replacement therapy through oral medication or injection.
Adrenal Fatigue: The States Of Gray In Between
Adrenal fatigue describes the gray areas between a healthy endocrine system and adrenal disorders. Your adrenal glands produce hormones, including cortisol, which regulates your immune system and your body’s stress response. In times of chronic stress, the supply of cortisol fluctuates dramatically, affecting the levels of other hormones, such as progesterone, estrogen, testosterone, and dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). This can lead to fatigue, body aches, digestive problems, and other symptoms of adrenal fatigue.
Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue:
- Persistent fatigue
- Difficulty getting out of bed in the morning
- Trouble falling asleep at night
- Body aches and muscle pain
- Digestive problems such as bloating, constipation, or diarrhea
- Inability to handle stress
- Craving for salty and sweet foods
- Unexplained weight loss or gain
- Decreased sex drive
- Prolonged recovery time after illness or injury
- Poor concentration and memory
- Moodiness and irritability
- A weakened immune system that makes you more prone to illnesses
Potential Causes Of Adrenal Fatigue:
- Chronic stress and emotional trauma
- Sleep deprivation or poor sleeping habits
- Poor diet, including the overconsumption of sugar and processed foods
- Infections or illnesses such as pneumonia, bronchitis, or the flu
- Overuse of stimulants such as caffeine and energy drinks
- Overtraining and excessive exercise
- Exposure to environmental toxins such as pollution or pesticides
- Chronic pain or inflammation
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Genetics or family history of adrenal disorders
Benefits Of DHEA Replacement Therapy:
- Increased energy levels
- Reduced fatigue and lethargy
- Improved mood and mental clarity
- Better sleep quality
- Increased sex drive and libido
- Reduced symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Reduced inflammation and pain
- Increased muscle mass and bone density
- Improved insulin sensitivity and blood sugar regulation
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease
- Improved immune function and lower risk of infections
- Improved skin health and appearance
The Link Between DHEA & Adrenal Fatigue
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a steroid hormone mainly produced by the adrenal glands, located on top of our kidneys, as well as the brain, skin, and fat tissues. It is made from cholesterol and is converted by the body into both estrogen and testosterone. DHEA also acts as a neuro-steroid that enhances excitability in neurons in the brain and spinal cord.
DHEA levels in the body are highest around the age of 20 and begin to decline naturally over the next several decades of life. DHEA levels can decrease to 20% or less of the peak value. Low DHEA levels are linked to depression, sexual problems, and adrenal fatigue. DHEA replacement therapy can restore optimal DHEA levels and improve your symptoms.
DHEA Replacement Therapy For Adrenal Fatigue
DHEA replacement therapy is a type of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) that involves taking supplements to replenish the DHEA levels in the body. HRT uses medication to replace the hormones not being produced sufficiently by the body, and DHEA replacement therapy is one of the options available. In the case of adrenal fatigue, DHEA levels may be insufficient due to the overproduction or underproduction of cortisol. DHEA replacement therapy supplements the body with DHEA to regulate cortisol levels and reduce adrenal fatigue.
DHEA replacement therapy may be administered orally, topically, or by injection. The dosage and method of administration will depend on the individual’s specific condition and symptoms. Your treatment will start with small doses that we’ll gradually increase over time based on your response. We also perform regular tests to monitor and modify hormone levels. Please visit Frankl Clinic in Lubbock for professional diagnosis and specialized hormone replacement therapy if you suspect you have adrenal fatigue.
Personalized Adrenal Fatigue Treatment in Lubbock
Frankl Clinic in Lubbock offers personalized hormone replacement therapy for various conditions, including adrenal fatigue. Our hands-on approach to patient care ensures you receive the most effective and tailored treatment possible. Our medical provider has extensive experience in hormone replacement therapy and is committed to providing the highest level of care to each patient. Please schedule a consultation to learn more about our specialized treatments and address the root cause of adrenal fatigue.